The :~$ynth is a tool for molding your own key caps. This is an opportunity for artisans and resin casting enthusiasts to make incredible things.
ALSO PLEASE NOTE:
An issue with high temperature has been identified:
- At 100C the magnetism is reduced, but will regain strength when cooled
- At 200C the magnetism will never regain strength
- At 250-300C+ may cause a 'cracking' appearance on the synth (the anodization creates a discoloration that looks like cracks)
The concept is to put a high quality mold part in the hands of seasoned enthusiasts as well as folks who are brand new to casting and may want to try their hand at gravity casting. The technical features of this part include:
- Machined and Hard Anodized Aluminum
- Designed in part to work alongside flexible silicone molds
- Large spure/gate/runner system
- Tight fitting Cherry MX stem insert for a precision fit.
We Also Recommend